Under the Tuscan Sun...

Tuesday, October 11, 2011



This Summer I had the privilege of being asked to beautify the already beautiful Sarah-Jane Goodman at her summer wedding to the love of her life Jason Baker. I jumped at the chance as Sarah-Jane had a little something to do with why Im a makeup artist in the first place. Many moons ago Sarah-Jane worked at MAC Cosmetics, and me being bright eyed and bushy tailed would have given a limb and then some to get into the company. SJ being the wonderful creature that she is went over and beyond the call of duty to get me the info needed to nail an interview with MAC including printing out valuable inside information and giving me her MAC Bible Handbook! It was my absolute pleasure to return the favour and make her over for her wedding compliments of the chef. When she casually mentioned that it will be taking place in the rolling Tuscan Hills of Florence I actually nearly wet myself! The theme was Vintage Hollywood glamour so we went with Fifties flicked liner and matte red lips which complimented her Pronovias dress perfectly.

Here are some of the pics I took on my phone as my camera went walkies, and let me tell you it was THE most spectacular wedding I had ever been too. 80 odd close friends and family celebrating in the boiling hot sun. The ceremony was under a canopy of Olive trees whilst listening to acapella version of Adele's Feel My Love then onto the drinks reception where we had ridiculously scrummy Rossinis and Bellinis whilst munching on lovely meats and cheeses from the surrounding region. We were then ushered through to a sight that took my breath away. Dinner was at sunset on a cobbled terrace overlooking the sweeping hills of Florence with twinkly lights as far as the eyes can see. A lively Jazz band accompanied dinner making everyone clap and sing along through dinner. Then came the first dance which had us all balling our eyes out as SJ danced with her dad to Butterfly Kisses. A firework display had us in
awe, which lead perfectly onto the boogying under the night sky. If it sounds perfect.... let me tell you it was! Congrats SJ and Jason ;-)))))

I will update with her proper wedding pics as soon as I can which I can tell you after seeing a sneak pic look like something from Conde Nast Brides Magazine *le sigh* xx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gorgeous wedding you have featured here. I am also in love with the bridesmaid dresses her lovely friends are wearing. Alison, do you by any chance have any idea where it is from? i am getting married in a few months and would love my girls to love as lovely as this.

    ReplyDelete